Today we’d like to introduce you to Annie Wilsman.
Alright, thank you for sharing your story and insight with our readers. To kick things off, can you tell us how you got started?
- Born and Raised in STL, MO
- I got my first Job when I was 12 at Ace Stables as a trail guide and horseback riding lesson teacher, I worked there every weekend, and any other day I could be at the barn until I graduated high school, riding and training show horses. On a ranch in the middle of St. Louis, about a mile from the airport.
- In 2015, I graduated high school from Hazelwood West High School.
- First team all-conference Lacrosse- 2014
- Academic Honors NHS
- September 2015 Moved to Joplin, Missouri, to Missouri Southern State University for undergrad.
- Graduated May 2018 with a Bachelor in Health Sciences & and an associate In Respiratory Therapy.
- During college, I always worked at least 2 jobs. I started as a student worker in the athletic department, working all the sports facilities and running athletic events for tickets.
- Began working at Buckle in Joplin, MO, getting big into the personal shopping one-on-one.
- While in Respiratory Therapy School, I became the Missouri Student liaison for the Missouri Board of Respiratory Therapy. I could attend the AARC conference, where I sat on the board and listened to how Respiratory Therapy Practices were beginning to change as medicine was advancing.
- I graduated and picked up my life, and moved to Orange, Virginia, where I bought my first house on 4 acres while I began my respiratory career at the University of Virginia Medical Center.
- In July 2020, I moved back to Lake of the Ozarks, got my Health Insurance License, and began working at Jennings Insurance Group.
- Over two years, I developed Mindful Money Method, a ‘budgeting boot camp” for anyone who wants to learn how to budget and get out of debt.
- I created the systems and processes to grow the insurance agency and implement a financial service consulting with a Medicare Insurance Agency. As the two years flew by, I became their full-time marketer.
- In June, I left Jennings and began building Platinum Roots Consulting Full- Time.
- Specializing in small business consulting.
- Graphic Design
- Performance Blogging Systems
- Website Design
- Social Media Marketing
- 1-on-1 support to build and grow businesses no matter what phase they are in.
I now live in Eldridge, MO, on my 10-acre ranch with my 3-year-old son, two dogs, and my horse. I plan to open a Public co-op space for anyone wanting to learn how to begin their next business adventure, creating a network of extraordinary, hardworking people to give them a chance to run their own business on their own time.
Would you say it’s been a smooth road, and if not what are some of the biggest challenges you’ve faced along the way?
Life is never smooth, In 2011 and 2014 I went through ACL surgery which defintely changed my college athletic plans. I am the first college graduate in my family, which was a huge milestone. I have constantly been faced with obstacles, but strength comes in numbers, throughout my life I have had some amazing people I have met along the way that have educated me and nudged me in the right direction, so that I could overcome obstacles. My health has been up and down throughout my life, which has restricted me from fully experiencing and doing everything I have wanted to acomplish. However, I have a very strong faith, and hard work and determination have kept me going on my path to entrepreneurship, and success.
As you know, we’re big fans of Platinum Roots Consulting. For our readers who might not be as familiar, what can you tell them about the brand?
I have been in sales almost my entire life. I was blessed to have parents that worked their butts off for everything. I have the degrees and the education. Bachelor in Health Science- Respiratory Therapy. Minor in Marketing and Advertising. Masters in Business Administration and Economics. I’m halfway through my Certified Financial Planner degree. So I have a lot of expensive pieces of paper that hang on the wall at my house, but I have been able to travel and experience life to the fullest. My core belief is that you should not have to pay for education. It is not okay for someone to “miss” out on a successful life because their parents could not give that to them.
BYOB: Build your own business no matter where someone is starting from if they have a dream. I know a lot of people all over the world that specialize in business.
I specialize in:
Website Building 101
Social Media Planning
Marketing and Advertising
Back Office and Bookkeeping
Budgeting and Debt Management
Business Longevity Planning
Brand Design and Brand Launch Parties for small Businesses
I will never charge a fee for consulting or talking with someone about their business. I take a backseat approach and let my clients tell me their dreams. I help them map out the way to help them get there. I love meeting people and hearing their stories. We’ve all heard the saying “bloom where you are planted,” but some people were not raised in the right environment to grow to their highest potential. My slogan is “Nourish your Roots” People who build their “life’s work” in their business. I take people back to nourishing their inner child by coaching and being the cheerleader they might not have ever had. I am opening a co-work space at my ranch at the Lake of the Ozarks and working with small businesses to bring their businesses online.
What matters most to you?
I want to leave this place just a bit better than I found. I have an almost three-year-old son Judson who is my world. I also live with my best friend and her daughter. So this is two single moms and two toddlers in a single household. It is hilarious. I always strive to complete a Random Act of Kindness every day. I want to be remembered as someone who never knew a stranger. My mom worked has worked at Boeing since she was 18. She has worked her butt off for her family. But my mom and I never have been able to connect on an emotional level. And that was very hard for me growing up. I have worked my ass off since I was 12, working at a horse barn until I Retired as a flight RT in June of 2020.
- Brand Design- $500
- Website Design- Varies
- Brand Launch Parties- Varies
- Money Management- Varies
- Full Platinum Roots Makeover-$2500
- Website: https://2j32.com/all-things-employment-jobs/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/platinumrootsconsulting/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/platinumrootsconsulting
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/anniewilsman
Ray Of light Photography- Madisyn Ray Lake of the Ozarks, MO